The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New Every Morning, Part Four

Read previous posts here:

Part One -- The Beginning
Part Two -- The Injury
Part Three -- The Furnace


A Year of Waiting.

The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 NASB


It's always good to start at the beginning.  But you can just read today's post if you like.  :)

I have this place in the back corner of our pie-shaped lot.  When we first moved in 16 years ago, my dad dug out a tree growing up from right next to the sewer (manhole cover), and moved it up about ten feet.  And I started dreaming about this special spot in the yard.

The view from my bench, in my special place.

One year I put some rocks in a kidney-shaped circle, hoping to plant some flowers back here.  One year, I had saved up enough to purchase a Smith & Hawken bench, which sits there, beautiful with its patina, beckoning me to come sit and breathe.  And one year I started purchasing paver bricks to create an actual garden.  I had to stop partway through, and the paver bricks are no longer made in that size for me to even finish that.

Dirt was mounded up, a few flowers were put in, weeds thrived, and even a few tomato plants in my very early years of figuring out this whole gardening thing.  But mostly, my spot just sits, neglected, in hibernation, if you will, just waiting.

Yes, this really does relate to my New Every Morning story of this past year!  Because, you see, this past year has been one of waiting.  After Fernando's layoff, back surgery, recovery...  After all of it, and still not being hired, we find ourselves on the verge of something new.

Fernando tested for and received his CDL (commercial driver's license), but continues to be paid as an independent contractor.  So, it seems that the Lord wants him to do this full-time.  It seems that much of the waiting is over, and Fernando is now preparing to go into business, entrepreneur-style.

We still don't have health insurance (the state of Illinois--need I say more?).  We still don't have much income.  The insurance company (for Fernando's worker's comp) still refuses to pay what they owe (they've paid some medical bills, thus admitting their responsibility, but nothing of the rest that is required).  Side note--that's a story I haven't gone into, but now you know the big picture.  :)

And here we are, ready to step into a foreign world.  So as I sit here in my special spot, on my beloved bench, I breathe.  We are stepping out, and we are deciding to trust the Lord, come what may.


On the verge, a bit scared, so many unknowns.  But as I sit here, and breathe, I know I am His.  We are His.

Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10 NASB


To continue on our journey, click here to read Part Five.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)