The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, July 28, 2014

My First Tomatoes

July 5.

The day after Independence Day, I wandered into my garden to check things out.  Lo and behold, these Cherokee Purple tomatoes looked like they needed to be picked!  They had already started to split, so even though it looked like they had a bit of green near the stems, I picked them.  And, I learned that that is what they're supposed to look like.  These tomatoes were ripe and ready to be eaten.


Here is one of them, sliced and ready for our dinner.  You can see the darker flesh inside, and these tomatoes have a wonderful summer tomato taste!  We ate them plain, sprinkled with salt.


I also spotted this monster, one of my Rainbow blend heirlooms.



I picked it a few days later, and it tipped the scales at one full pound.  Oh, the heavenly sweetness!


I.  Love.  Summer tomatoes.  *heart* *heart* *heart*  :D


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)