The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, July 4, 2014

Graduation!

May 10.

A beautiful day dawned, and we were ready to greet it, because our son was graduating!


Our hotel was in Galesburg, about 45 minutes away from campus.  (We booked the rooms in January, not realizing that there were no hotels with open rooms in Macomb!  Note to self--for future graduations, book a year in advance!!)

Purple and gold flags greeted us on the main road into the university.


We drove over to the CSC building, where Jacob had spent the night with buddies.




We had taken him to Wal-Mart to purchase a pair of nice jeans to wear under his robe.  Yesterday at the Honors Convocation, he wore shorts under the robe and it was awkward (at least there were others who did the same thing!).


We arrived at the fieldhouse over an hour early to secure good seats, which were first-come, first-served.  We packed sandwiches for lunch, and ate those in rotation as we waited for the 1:00 p.m. ceremony to begin.



Fernando got hold of my camera when I went out to the car to eat my own lunch, and he captured a shot or two.  :)


Jacob kept texting me names of friends who were graduating, and asked if I could try to get pictures of them crossing the stage.  I had ten names written on the back of my hand!


Finally, the ceremony began!



The below is my favorite picture from the ceremony!  After the graduates walked in and found their places, they remained standing until all the graduates had done the same.  Everyone was looking around, texting even, chatting, but Jacob found us, found me, and I snapped the shot.  Perfect!


Graduates were asked to stand for their achievements, and Jacob stood when it was time to honor those graduating magna cum laude.


Crossing the stage, shaking hands!




Happy graduate!

Moving the tassel.

The celebratory young man in the picture below is Jacob's friend Corey.  He was excited, to say the least!


Jacob found us after the ceremony, and Fernando tackled him in joy.  The young lady in the picture below is Jacob's friend Rebekah, who came to watch her friends graduate.



Posing with Grandpa and Grandma.

Congratulations, son!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)