The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Early July Harvest

July 7.

Time to see if there's anything to pick!  This time I'll start off with my overview shot.  If you get really close to your computer screen and scrunch up your eyes, you can see a ripe tomato!


My squash seems to be doing well.  Both acorn and butternut have lots of blossoms!



Rainbow blend, an heirloom variety.


"Melrose" sweet red Italian peppers (above and below).  Yum!



Giant Marconi sweet green pepper.

JalapeƱo.

When I walked around to the backside of the sweet green pepper bed, I spotted this giant, about eight inches long!


Melrose sweet Italian red.


Garlic flowers.

Due to lack of time, I let my garlic bulbs flower.  I'll soon pick them off and dry the seeds for next year's planting, and harvest all my garlic for winter storage.  Last year's crop was small, so I'm hoping I'll get lots more this year.


Bad picture ahead.  My sage plant, which started the spring so beautifully, suddenly died.  As in, this is what it looked like mere days after I noticed one section wilting.  Ugh.  I left it there for two weeks before I was able to dig it up.  They're such hardy plants, and I have no idea why it died.  My garden-guru friends don't know, either.


Let's say goodbye on a cheery note:

Early July harvest.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)