The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, July 12, 2014

What To Do with Your First Strawberry Harvest

This year, the first "harvest" from our strawberry beds involves a large handful or two of strawberries.  Hmm, what could I do with them...?

Of course, since I picked them, I felt justified in using them first in my morning oatmeal.

Oatmeal with strawberries, maple syrup, and chia seeds.

Yes, yes, I thought of others, too.  We made strawberry pancakes, and Thomas thoughtfully made strawberry topping for them.  Only he used it as filling.

For fresh strawberry topping (use it for strawberry shortcakes, too!), wash, hull, and chop berries, then place in a saucepan.  Heat gently, adding a sweetener, just a tad, to your liking.  We use honey.  The sauce doesn't need much, just taste test along the way.  When the berries are softened, it's good to go!


I love strawberry season!!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)