So one lazy afternoon, we decided to play Scrabble. What a tough game. She kept picking mostly vowels, and I kept picking mostly consonants. We slogged through the game, and I think if we had retired to the couches at that point, we would have both taken a nice nap.
But, I shrugged and asked, "Wanna play another one?"
She laughed a little and agreed. She placed all seven tiles on her second and third turns, and then I placed all seven tiles right afterwards. We perked up at that point, and started to write the words down next to our scores. Nathan happened along at one point and helped Dee get kitties. It was a three-family effort! And the rest is history.
For all you Scrabble addicts, below the pic are the blow-by-blow details and stats.
(BTW, Dee led off the game.)
- 26 aglow -- 35 fez (+ of + we)
- 81 requite (7-TW) (+ oft + wee) -- 18 weeds
- 72 moisten (7-TW) (+ re + en) -- 74 ignoring (8-TW)
- 24 aged -- 42 comb
- 20 cover -- 50 ox ("x" on a triple-letter space, "ox" two ways!!)
- 83 kitties (7-TW) (+ covert) -- 20 ivy (+ id)
- 20 cabin -- 35 ashy (+ ya)
- 7 said -- 92 replowed (8-TW)
- 12 (cabin)et -- 16 trope (+ er)
- 8 iron -- 33 lief
- 57 jute -- 33 huns
- 10 lox -- 8 ma + ar
- 12 dap -- 9 koi + on
- 7 ow -- 8 no + na
- 5 uh -- 5 uh (a nice copy!)
- 7 fa + ta
Dee's score -- 451 (her all-time high), with three seven-tile words!!
My score -- 478 (my all-time high), with two seven-tile words!!
TOTAL SCORE: 929 (all-time high combined score)
Back to life,
Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website