The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, May 29, 2011

For All Word Lovers -- An Epic Game

During our vacation week in Florida, a few Scrabble games broke out.  My friend Dee and I love to play Scrabble together.  Mostly because we're friends--practically sisters--and because we like to spend time together.  And also because she and I both love words.  Greek/Hebrew concordance, anyone?  :)

So one lazy afternoon, we decided to play Scrabble.  What a tough game.  She kept picking mostly vowels, and I kept picking mostly consonants.  We slogged through the game, and I think if we had retired to the couches at that point, we would have both taken a nice nap.

But, I shrugged and asked, "Wanna play another one?"

She laughed a little and agreed.  She placed all seven tiles on her second and third turns, and then I placed all seven tiles right afterwards.  We perked up at that point, and started to write the words down next to our scores.  Nathan happened along at one point and helped Dee get kitties.  It was a three-family effort!  And the rest is history.

For all you Scrabble addicts, below the pic are the blow-by-blow details and stats.


(BTW, Dee led off the game.)

  1. 26 aglow -- 35 fez (+ of + we)
  2. 81 requite (7-TW) (+ oft + wee) -- 18 weeds
  3. 72 moisten (7-TW) (+ re + en) -- 74 ignoring (8-TW)
  4. 24 aged -- 42 comb
  5. 20 cover -- 50 ox ("x" on a triple-letter space, "ox" two ways!!)
  6. 83 kitties (7-TW) (+ covert) -- 20 ivy (+ id)
  7. 20 cabin -- 35 ashy (+ ya)
  8. 7 said -- 92 replowed (8-TW)
  9. 12 (cabin)et -- 16 trope (+ er)
  10. 8 iron -- 33 lief
  11. 57 jute -- 33 huns
  12. 10 lox -- 8 ma + ar
  13. 12 dap -- 9 koi + on
  14. 7 ow -- 8 no + na
  15. 5 uh -- 5 uh (a nice copy!)
  16. 7 fa + ta

Dee's score -- 451 (her all-time high), with three seven-tile words!!
My score -- 478 (my all-time high), with two seven-tile words!!

TOTAL SCORE:  929 (all-time high combined score)



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. That was definitely a highlight! So much fun!! Papa was even impressed. He said the words were mostly normal ones. He thinks "bi" is a prefix and shouldn't count though, and he wanted to know what na was. LOL I told him we'd take him on any day. ;o)

    Dorito

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)