The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tea Talk -- A God Who Sees


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm at our state homeschool convention right now!  It's close to home, but since I coordinate the portion of the convention dedicated to families homeschooling their special and struggling learners, Fernando and I are staying at the hotel with all the speakers.  So I've written this post early so I don't miss Tea Talk (one of my favorite blog times of the week!).

I'm having...Irish Breakfast tea in my new cup that Fernando let me purchase on our vacation in Vero Beach!  Lori took me to a little kitchen shop and we spent a happy time browsing, drooling, and ooh-ing and aah-ing over the (mostly) expensive items.  I don't normally "window shop," but this was a lot of fun!  The cup comes with a tea steeper that sits on top, and a lid that doubles as a coaster.  I have drunk my tea in this cup every morning since we got back home.

Detail of the flowers which are on each side

I'm feeling...Since I'm typing this up early, I'm going to guess that I'm tired but filled with adrenaline, running around making sure everything is in order.  Our first workshop starts at around 2:00pm this afternoon.

On my mind...you guessed it!  Are my speakers here?  Is everything set up properly?  Are my volunteers ready?  I could go on...

I leave you with...the devotion that I wrote for ICHE's "30 Days of Devotions and Prayer," which they emailed to their subscriber list each day in May to lead up to the convention.  Don't worry, it's not too long, and you don't have to read it if you don't want to!  My devotion was emailed on Day 17.


God who Sees


[Hagar] called the name of the LORD who spoke to her,
"You are a God who sees"
Genesis 16:13a NASB


The five-year-old schoolgirl peered into the shoebox diorama that she had painted blue to mirror the ocean. She fingered the little shells on her desk, then glanced around. No glue. She sat for a minute, then another, and another, frozen. Too timid to raise her hand, she desperately thought, “Someone please notice! Help me!” An eternity passed, then—a hand touched her shoulder, and the kind words floated down, “Oh, honey, you need glue! I have some right here for you.” She was saved.

Even today, I can recall both the terror of that childhood memory, and the sweet relief that washed over me when the teacher noticed my plight. I have remembered that seemingly minor incident throughout my life—when our son was diagnosed with autism (what do we do now?), when we began homeschooling (can I really do this?), through years of painful health issues (will I ever feel better?), and as our children have grown into adulthood (did we do a good job?). I have often wondered, “Does the Lord notice my troubles? Does He care?”

Hagar must have asked these same questions. Given to Abraham by Sarah, Hagar conceived. But Sarah treated her harshly, and she fled into the wilderness. She was pregnant, feeling abandoned, and alone. But the Lord saw her—not simply glancing and turning away. His seeing implies compassionate watching and caring. It is filled with mercy and love. He took heed of Hagar in her distress, and poured out His lovingkindness upon her. He also sees me, throughout each season of life, and graciously guides my steps with His hand. He truly is the God Who Sees.

Columbine in my front porch garden


God bless you on this wonderful Thursday!!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

5 comments:

  1. wow! that is one beautiful mug you have there. i love the design! hope you did well in your speaking engagement.

    thanks for the visit, christine! by the way, I am hosting a meme called WEDNESDAY WHITES, at http://www.colorsandcontrasts.com/wednesday-whites-2-white-swan/ you might like to join. the linky is open til saturday. this is the second week and I am so glad to see lots of beautiful whites! hope to see yours there!

    love from thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irish Breakfast is my favorite. I love your tea cup. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. gorgeous, gorgeous flower pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, that is one lovely mug! What a great memory :-)

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori (my voice still is scratchy and my throat is so sore from talking to so many at the convention...but much fun, nonetheless!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine,

    I just love your photos! I'm in the process of developing a website on wordpress for my writing samples that I've done at work. Would you mind telling me how you developed your header? I want to create a header of the publications I worked on (One publication per photo). You can reach me at jlsr77@comcast.net. Thanks so much.

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)