The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Remembering


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...black tea, wild berry, in my floral china mug from Florida.


I'm feeling...okay, here's a change from my usual "fine."  I've had a stomachache all morning.  Must have been something I ate for dinner last night, though everything tasted wonderful (chicken tacos!).  I was awake throughout the night, too, listening to the constant thunder and the pouring-down rain.  I'm trying to take it easy, doing things when I can.  There is a lot to do, but I think the Lord is telling me to rest, and to rest in Him.

On my mind...more preparations!  I'm still on a "high" from last week's state convention, but I'm also now focused on Danny's graduation celebration this Sunday.  I have been coordinating this celebration for 11 homeschool graduates (all families within our church), and I have several emails and phone calls yet to make.  However, Danny's graduation display is coming along, and we have had fun traveling down Memory Lane together all morning (when my tummy allowed me to!) as we browsed through baby pictures and images from throughout his life.

Putting Danny's display together

I leave you with...a short Scripture I read today as I take things easy and think about my Danny as he prepares for his graduation ceremony this Sunday.  I pray that he continues to seek after the Lord, acknowledge Him in all his ways, delight in His law, and remember His Word.

I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
I will meditate on Your precepts
And regard Your ways.
I shall delight in Your statutes;
I shall not forget Your word.
Psalm 119:14-16 NASB

My back yard garden bench on a hot June day

Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. oh your bench looks like such a pretty resting spot with all the daisies. Congratulations to your son. My daughter graduates next week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine!
    Reading your post made me sentimental about my Ben being away from home now. I was excited to let him go for college but missing him now here. I held back some tears when I went to check his room. I'm missing my boy so much.
    You seemed very busy but I see that you have your hands full with exciting things to do. The joy of the Lord is your strength.
    That's the loveliest backyard photo! Loved your bench and the daisies. they look so friendly.
    I'm so glad to visit you without being in a hurry :)
    Love to you!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! this is my first time to visit your blog. I saw your blog at my mom's blog " Celebrate Friendship". I really like you garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent scripture passage. That resting spot looks so peaceful.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)