The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things Which Are Not Seen


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...my usual Irish breakfast tea in my Portmeirion teacup.


I'm feeling...tired but good!  I just came in from tending my vegetable garden.  I picked a nice handful of snap peas, plus some cayenne and jalapeƱo peppers.  I also chopped down all of my oregano--you should see my kitchen counter, overflowing with fragrant herbs!

My honey leading family devotions
On my mind...is the de-cluttering I've been doing the past few days!  It feels so good to end up with two paper bags full of junk recycling paper, one recycling bin full of cardboard, a box and a bag of items for Goodwill, a stack of games/puzzles/curriculum to sell, and a clean closet!  (This will be a near-future post...)

I'm also excited about a mini bluegrass "jam" tomorrow night with friends and family, the Independence Day weekend, our church Independence Day celebration on Monday.  Oh, and then there is my to-do list!  BUT--yep, and it's a big one--today is my beloved's BIRTHDAY!  He is 47 on this wonderful summer day.  I love him.  Simple.  :)

I leave you with...a section of Scripture from 2 Corinthians that caught my heart this morning as I contemplated the state of our country--its politics, its moral decline, its financial chaos, its hedonistic culture.  It's so easy to look at all these aspects and become discouraged.

What will become of America?  I don't know.  I don't know God's plans for our nation; but He does.  And I'm not supposed to be looking at all this "stuff" around me, anyway!  This is not my home; I am a citizen of another kingdom, glorious and pure.  That is where my eyes are supposed to be fixed.


Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.  For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NASB  [emphasis mine]


Yucca bloom from my back yard


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

5 comments:

  1. I have to ask....how in the world have you been able to pick peppers?!? [o= I can understand the peas and oregano but peppers? Okay I am calm now, lol.

    Yes, we have to live in the Lord's ways even when the world is falling away all around us. ((sigh))

    Happy Birthday to your hubby. I turn 42 on the 4th. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this beautiful post, Christine. Love the photos, the verse, and all the words here.

    you inspired me to go back to my gardening routine.

    Happy Birthday to your DH!

    Blessings!

    P.S. I've cleaned my room this afternoon but still need more de-cluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy b-day, Fernando!!! Wonderful verse you've chosen. I think we DO know what will become of this country...and of the world...it's not good; but we do not fear, for God has told us that it is in His plan, and we know the end. No fear of the unknown. Our citizenship is in Heaven, our future secure.

    LOVE that flower! So beautiful bright!
    See you maybe Monday, Lord willing!
    Love and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori
    PS: Thanks for babysitting my broccoli...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Yuccas. Happy Birthday to dear hubby. So good to meet with you and share our faith. Yes our county appears to needs some strong spiritual intervention but we are not to worry. He will see we get it in His time. Blessings.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! Gorgeous yucca blossom!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)