The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Treasures from the Conference

I haven't had time to reflect on last week's state homeschool conference yet.  That will come next week as I unwind from life's events and busy-ness over the last six weeks.  I have always loved watching out for God's hand of providence as He leads me, and as He orchestrates each events for His purposes, to bring Him glory.

Fernando and I spoke in one of the workshops

I'm so blessed to be able to serve our state as ICHE's Coordinator for Special & Struggling Learners.  I love being able to encourage people via email and phone calls throughout the year.  Though I'm not too keen on making cold calls (to potential conference speakers), and actually finding and securing speakers, I absolutely love planning all the other aspects of the "special needs/struggling learners" portion of our state homeschool conference!  And the actual conference with the workshops and speakers I've planned is incredible, just the fact that people come, and are encouraged, and also the fact that I have the opportunity to meet and talk to so many homeschool parents!  I'll take those four days of hard work, running around, talking, and praying any day!  I view it as "exhausted for Christ."  It's a good tired, knowing that I worked hard, that the Lord used me, and that (hopefully) people were blessed.



As I get older, it's so interesting to meet younger parents who are just beginning their homeschool journey.  We met one sweet mom with four little ones, ages four through infant.  She and her husband chatted with us at different times throughout the convention, and I finally asked her if she was older than 17!  She grinned, apparently used to that reaction from people.  After she told me she was 27, her husband chuckled and said, "I'm waiting for the day when someone asks me if she's my daughter!"  I thanked the Lord for His timing as we chatted with this vibrant couple, encouraging them on their journey.

That's just one of the tiny little treasures from the homeschool conference.  We serve an amazingly big God!

Who is the King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
The LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O gates,
And lift them up, O ancient doors,
That the King of glory may come in!
Who is this King of glory?
The LORD of hosts,
He is the King of glory.
Psalm 24:8-10 NASB


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like that conference was such a blessing. I am so glad that you are listening to the prompting to help those who are just starting out and encouraging those who have been on this journey for awhile.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)