I've written many posts in the past about cleaning, decluttering, and beautifying my home, but this year I have a specific goal. Here it is:
A simple and beautiful house
that the Lord can use as a peaceful haven
for my family and others.
I have thought of what I want, why, and Who and for whom I'm embarking on this journey. These Simplify posts will be about decluttering, cleaning, organizing, simplifying, and beautifying my home for this specific goal. Many of the posts below are pre-2015, but are just as relevant to my goal as more current posts.
- Organize dresser drawers better with this space-saving folding method.
- Fold shirts with the above method, and fold other clothing items as well!
- Daily cleaning with a spiritual lesson!
- Decluttering by using things you have.
- Cleaning microfiber fabric on furniture. (This method truly amazed me!)
- Homeschool supply zone -- Organizing/putting away science supplies.
- Organizing my food storage area (affectionately known as the "Bomb Shelter").
- More organization of the entire food storage area room.
- Setting up and organizing the computer area.
- Decluttering the "Bomb Shelter" (the food storage stuff!).
- Making labels for food storage buckets in the food storage area.
- De-cluttering and beautifying a neglected room.
- Computer cabinet -- Cleaning out, decluttering, and re-organizing a vital part of our home life.
- Living room bookcase -- Decluttering books (yes, I did!).
- More decluttering of books in the second bookcase in our living room.
- Organizing a cabinet -- Organizing some of the kitchen cabinets.
- Building a drawer organizer for kitchen tools -- We built this organizer for the shallow (but very wide!) "peninsula drawer." Step-by-step instructions with images, of course!
- Building a silverware drawer organizer -- This is a photo step-by-step guide showing how we constructed an organizer for our silverware drawer.
- Part III for my drawer organizers!! This is an update for completing an organizer that will hold silverware.
- Making labels for my spice jars -- Photo guide showing my efforts to create uniform and pretty labels for the spice jars in my kitchen spice rack.
- The master bedroom closet -- Giving away my wedding dress.
- The master bedroom -- Decluttering our space (part of my Simplify series).
- The master bedroom closet -- Decluttering and cleaning out this tiny room.
- The master bedroom closet -- Emptying the closet for new paint, flooring, and organization, Part One.
- My project desk -- Decluttering and organizing my special area in the master bedroom.
- The main bathroom -- Organizing the most-used bathroom in our house.
PLuM Room (Pantry/Laundry/Mud)
- Hanging hooks for storage.
- Making labels for food storage jars in the pantry.
- Cleaning out and reorganizing the pantry shelves.
- Decorating cardboard storage boxes for the pantry shelves.
- The pantry shelves get beautiful with more decorated storage boxes.
The Yard and Garden
- Building raised bed vegetable gardens in our back yard.
- Building a flower garden in our front yard.
- Cleaning and tidying up along the fence in our back yard.
- Trimming trees along the fence line and tidying up around my special place in the back yard.
- Cleaning and decluttering our garage.
- Christmas ~ Organizing and storing Christmas ornaments and decorations.
- Christmas ~ Making a wall tree decoration.
- Christmas ~ Making tabletop Christmas trees for decoration.
- Christmas ~ Simple ways to decorate for the holiday.
- Valentine's Day ~ Making a paper heart garland chain.
In many of my blog posts, I have linked up to other blogs, such as "Tackle-It Tuesday" and "Tuesday Project Party." You'll see those links within those particular posts. Just so you know. :)