The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, April 28, 2014

His Castle - Hyper Organizing in the Bomb Shelter

A few days ago I posted about cleaning up the Bomb Shelter.  Today I'm going to share with you what I do when I'm in the mood to organize.  It's pretty much organizing for beauty.  I definitely love things to be organized, but when they're beautifully organized, it's something really special.  Let me show you.

After picking things up down here in the basement, I wanted things to be labeled.  It's so much easier to find things that way.  And although I've labeled buckets and such with permanent marker, it just wasn't that pretty.  Today was the day to prettify it.  :)

To create pretty labels, I used the same computer font and style that I did when I used Mod Podge to create labels to beautify my pantry.  I used a bigger size table box and font, because these were bigger buckets, and I wanted to be able to read them without having to get up close.



I used borders around each label so that I had a line on which to cut straight.


For these, I used simple packing tape.  I use scissors to cut off the edges made with the tape cutter--those jagged edges tend to stick out and get dirty, thus wrecking my pretty handiwork.  These labels were large enough that I used two rows of packing tape, covering first the top half of the label, then the bottom half.  They weren't perfectly taped, but close enough that I can't tell when looking at them.


Here are my finished buckets!  You can see the handwritten "pintos" on that one, though.  I think I forgot to print a label for that one!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)