The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, April 5, 2014

After the Snow Melts

One March day, while there was still snow on the ground, I stepped outside to put some political signs up--which ended up being stuck into the snow since the ground was still frozen--and my glance fell on my flowerpot lady.


The pot she lovingly held on her shoulder was cracked.  Remember her from last year?   She had sat on my front porch with an empty pot for several years, and I had finally brought her out to this little garden spot.  She was perfect.  She had always been outdoors, so I never gave a thought about her surviving this winter.

But, by March, when all the snow melted, she looked like this.


A beautiful statue, she just couldn't survive one of the worst winters I've ever experienced here in Chicagoland.  Even her toes were cracked, just like an ancient statue of a long ago city.  Fernando says we can try Super-Glue; I may just give it a try.  Poor girl.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)