The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Long Winter

February 13.

Even though I'm playing catch-up with blog posts, it has been nice to sift through the past few months' pictures to see what I've taken, to linger over each one, and to count my blessings through the beginning of another year.

You'd think by mid-February things would warm up here in the Midwest, and by warm, I mean just a tad--into the 30s would even be nice.  We've really been hibernating, and it really hasn't been that fun.  I've been thinking a lot about Laura Ingalls Wilder and her Long Winter.  I should read it--because I never have.  Really.  I've never read any of the Wilder books.  Honest.  I promise I will, though.  :)

One of the guys discovered this when he went to the laundry room to put a load of dirty clothes in the washer:


That's the door to the back yard, and you can see (hopefully) those long white things hanging there!


Never fear, the roof is a one-story one in this part of the house, so the icicles weren't too terribly long.  No one, though, not even I, could exit that doorway without walking right into them!


Hopefully our winter will end soon (it's still here, even at the end of March!), and we'll be ever so thankful to the Lord for spring, warm weather, flowers, kite flying, gardening...!!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. Those are some big icicles. All our snow is gone, so that's nice. Hopefully it'll stay that way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)