The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Arriving

September 3-5.

Well, we made it.  We stopped in to Thomas' new place of work to look around and of course, to snap a pic.


We had one visit with old friends from long ago who live southwest of Austin (Thomas' work is northwest) for the afternoon and evening, a great time of catching up and asking tons of questions about the Austin area.  We spent Labor Day Monday driving around peeking at various apartment complexes, not able to go in because it was the holiday weekend and the offices were all closed.  The rest of the day flew by, and then early in the Tuesday darkness Thomas drove us to the airport.

 I hope Thomas can learn the crazy Austin road system!!

Fernando had enough hotel points to put Thomas up for the week, and then he was on his own.  We had to trust that the Lord already knew the plan, because we sure didn't.  A way-too-short goodbye at the airport, and Fernando and I had breakfast together then had to go to our separate gates--Fernando to fly back to Rhode Island to continue training at Y., and I back to Chicago and home.


Goodbye, Fernando.  <3

Just drop off your son in a strange city and take off.  Only the Lord knew what would happen after we left.  And we had to leave; life goes on and I have to take the next step, onto my plane and home to reality and uncertainty.  Each of us was in the Lord's hands.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)