The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tea Talk -- Whom Have I in Heaven?


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.



I'm having...my usual morning drink, Trader Joe's Irish breakfast tea in my Vero Beach cup from Portmeirion.  What a fun website to browse and dream through!


I'm feeling...just fine and dandy!

On my mind..is a to-do list a mile long.  I wanted to be able to relax this week, but I've been GOING every day with no chance to cross things off my list, or even to do laundry!  My goal is to post this post, do laundry, then tackle that list.

I leave you with...Scripture that my husband read out loud the other morning.  We used to sing a chorus in our former church with these lyrics, and it has been lilting through my head the past few days.


Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For, behold, those who are far from You will perish;
You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You.
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.
Psalm 73:25-28 NASB


Daisies in my back yard


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. It's always lovely to visit your site, Christine. your verse is my favorite worship song. It reminds me of the years when I was so young in the Lord... "there is nothing on earth I desire besides You" How I loved singing that line with all my heart.

    Your tea looks so yummy.
    I pray you find a restful time today.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed by a husband who is reads Scripture aloud! Love your daisies. Seems you and Hip-chick both have this flower on your mind!
    Nice to share tea with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine~ I love that line "There is nothing I desire on earth more than you." I only wish it was always true. Usually I want 'peace and quiet' or 'people to do what I say' or 'my way' more than God. What a good reminder for me today. I think I will copy out that verse and memorize it. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. inspirational--your whole blog, not just this post. thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)