The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tea Talk -- Then Jesus Said


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...a cup of Rishi organic black tea, wild berry flavor.  I've added a bit of macadamia nut honey that a dear friend brought me from her trip to Hawaii.  I hid this honey in the back of my "tea cabinet" and it is my very own very special honey.  I'm trying to make it last.  :)


I'm feeling...tired due to a late night, and a bit of twinge in my lower back, but otherwise healthy and good!

On my mind...is Danny's "New Student Orientation" at Joliet Junior College this afternoon.  All new students are required to attend this 2.5-hour orientation, and Danny wants me to attend with him.  I'm bringing my organizer and some crossword puzzles.  *wink*  He and I spent most of this morning going through the documentation for the transfer program at UIC (University of Illinois, Chicago), picking classes from a list of required courses, and figuring out a two-year plan of attack so that he can smoothly transfer to UIC come the fall of 2013.  Whew!

I leave you with...a Scripture that's not so light, but it has been on my mind the past few days because of various conversations with friends and with my husband.  The season in which I find myself is different than I thought it would be--our third son graduating from our home school next month, only one son in our homeschool, and three years to go.  This should mean more time, a little slowing down or easing of the schedule, and a little more freedom to pursue my interests, or to advance my photography business.  Or even traveling with my husband.

As I see some of my friends starting to transition into this season, I realize that the new season in their lives will look very different than my own.  We have a special needs son at home with us; there may be a relaxing of the schedule, or a little more free time, but he will be here.  There will be no intense pursuit of photography, and little, if any, travel to other cities and countries.  Every day I wake up knowing that I must lay down my life to do what the Lord wants me to do--including ministering to my sweet Joseph.  Yes, we hope for employment for him, and some measure of independence, but he will probably always be here.

I must continue to learn and remember that this is what the Lord has deemed best for my life, for each day.  There is a laying down--this is a battle!!--every day.  It must occur.  I must lose my life for His sake.  After all, true life is found in Him.


Then Jesus said to His disciples,
"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself,
and take up his cross and follow Me.
For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it;
but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it."
Matthew 16:24-25 NASB




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photo gallery website

6 comments:

  1. Dear Christine there is a time for, and so on and so forth. I have been there, where you are now and handsome husband and I am in our senior, senior years. We had hoped for less worries but life is just that life. It can hit hard at anytime so we must always be with Jesus as we travel along. Blessings and happy Mother's day to you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love good honey also. I don't like it in tea however. I like it on cornmeal mush. I have a friend who raises bees and she sometimes gifts me with her honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tea talk. Thank you for sharing what God is teaching you through the circumstances in your life. God uses different "tools" in everyone's life to change them into His image. God bless you and do not grow weary in well doing for in due season you shall reap if you faint not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so special that you shared a spoonful of your precious honey-stash with me, LOL!

    You are right on...God knows what is the best for us. I always remind myself (and Nathan, too) that in His economy of time, our 70-90 years here are but a vapor...the time it takes to blow out a candle. And He asks us to lay something aside that we want in order to give us that chance to obey Him. And if we do, He will give us reward for 1,000 years!!! And then, of course, there's joy for eternity...

    "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
    Nor have entered into the heart of man
    The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (I Cor. 2:9)

    Much love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Not so light" indeed :-) The cross is not light to carry but He also said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Isn't He such a loving and gentle God?

    I pray you have more restful days coming. Yours is such a hardworking family. Your header speaks tons.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)