The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WIU Student Orientation

April 21.

(I think I'll just date my posts so I can tell when I'm up-to-date again.)

Fernando and I drove with Jacob out to Macomb, Illinois for his student orientation day.  He learned about scholarships and leadership opportunities, honors programs, and then he registered for classes.  He's definitely on his way!

Sherman Hall, WIU

The student leaders (below) gave us a tour of the campus.  They were so friendly and helpful, and the young lady told us about the Christian student organizations on campus, without us even asking.  The Lord placed her there just for us.  :)




I gulped when I saw the row of mailboxes in one of the dorm buildings.  So many students!  I hope Jacob won't feel lost.  We will be able to send him packages, despite the size limitations of those mailboxes.  That made me feel better.


Before we left, I took a few shots of Jacob on his future campus.



He is definitely grown up, and I constantly keep in mind that my time with him is short.  Three little months lie between summer and move-in day in the dorms.  Who ever said that parenting got easier the older they get??  Don't you believe it, mamas!


Time to go hug my son.  :)


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...I know what you mean.

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)