The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, May 18, 2012

He is Risen!

I'm finally blogging about Resurrection Sunday!  It's so hard to play catch-up; I've taken so many photos and I want to document everything.  :)

Resurrection Sunday is so special, with starting the day at church.  This is what it's all about--Jesus triumphed over the grave!  These stained glass windows, though beautifully reflecting the light, cannot begin to show the Light of the world.



For the afternoon, we had our family over for celebration and a meal together.  Though our meal is non-traditional for Resurrection Sunday, we had a barbecue, as we did last year.  It was so nice having Fernando as grillmaster.



My sister-in-law went out to check on the chicken she brought for the grill.


Fernando dished up ribs, chicken pieces, bratwurst, and the chicken roaster.  :)



Always diligent, Fernando cleaned up the grill.


There was no time for pictures during the meal, but I most definitely had my camera out afterwards.  My dad was turning 80 (!!!) later in the week, and we surprised him with streamers and balloons, and of course cake and ice cream, and strawberries with fresh cream.




Happy Resurrection Day (very late)!  And Happy Birthday, Dad!!  Love you!

 
Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)