The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Did It Myself!

Sometimes I tickle myself to death.  You know what I mean--I'm just so tickled when I do something well that I don't normally do well.

When Fernando's company's awards banquet showed up on the calendar, I knew what I'd be wearing--the only black dress I own with the only black shoes I own, with the only jewelry I own.  Plus, I'd get to wear the new bolero-style jacket I bought for a song from Kohl's.  (The dress is sleeveless, and I don't do sleeveless.)  The "What do I wear?" syndrome is nothing for me.  The huge looming issue is always:  What do I do with my hair????

I knew I was going to "put it up."  That's the fancy thing to do.  But, how?  And how many bobby pins would it take this time?  And almost more importantly, how long would it take me?  For those who don't know, I have four sons.  I grew up with two brothers.  I just don't know how to do hair, especially my own.  Aaack!

For some reason, however, once I started randomly pinning pieces of hair to the back of my head, everything came together, seamlessly and on the first attempt!  Wow.  I think the Holy Spirit guided my fingers.  And the bobby pins.  Can you tell I was tickled?  :)


My hair is pinned up just in the back.  I do not like wearing my hair up, so I left a section down on each side, then curled those sections.  When I saw the below photos, I saw those bobby pins, but I didn't care what they looked like.  I got all my hair up and it wasn't flying all over the place.  Of course I used lots of hairspray, too.


Ooh, can you see the silver strands??  Yay for wisdom!!  (The Bible calls gray hair the crown of the wise older folks.  I'm excited about my silver hair--don't tease.)


Fernando came along and tried to kiss me, but I was too tickled with myself and he missed.



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

2 comments:

  1. Barb SchexnayderMay 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM

    Chris,

    I looks very pretty. I hope you can duplicate it for the dinner.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look Marvelous!! Enjoy the dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)