The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Went to College One Day...

I went back to college recently.  But only for a day.  :)

Jacob was taking a music class, and for his big project, he had to choose a topic related to music, and put together a presentation which he would give to the class.  He chose to research the harmonica, since he dabbles with playing it, and since his grandpa plays it.

He asked his grandpa to come with him to the presentation and play something for the class.  And grandpa, ever willing, said yes.  I got to go to Jacob's class with my dad and listen to the presentation.  Jacob did a great job with his PowerPoint.


What a blessing to hear Jacob and my dad play Amazing Grace together!


Jacob also showed the class his grandpa's Little Lady, a harmonica only about 1.5" in width.  My dad played Turkey in the Straw for the students.


Even though most of the students are used to hearing rock, rap, and other popular music (I'm not sure some of it can be called music!), they absolutely loved my dad.  They had some great interaction once Jacob was done with his presentation.  I had a great time listening and taking pictures, and Jacob's professor was so glad to have us all there.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

3 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't like "Turkey in the Straw," rocker or rapper? Fun time!

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa didn't play "Turkey in the Straw." It was "O Susanna." There's not enough notes on the Little Lady to play the turkey song!!

    Mom {:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! You're right. It was O Susanna. :) Thanks for the correction.

      Delete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)