The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Smidgen of Tightwaddery

My mom taught me to scrape the bowl.  Not just with a spoon, either.  Use a bowl scraper!  And when you're done scraping, lick the scraper.  (That last part is my own homegrown wisdom.)

Squeeze as much as you can out of a bottle of ketchup.  If you add a splash of water to it and shake it up, you can get the final drops of ketchup out.  That goes for any bottle of anything, from ketchup and mustard to shampoo and conditioner.

The list goes on.  The summary:  If there's something left in the bottle, I must get it out.

Kitchen shears work great for this task.  I cut the bottoms (or sides) off of bottles and scrape out the _____ (fill in the blank).  In the case of body lotion, I didn't add water to thin it and get it out.  I purchased a little plastic container for the hard-to-get lotion.  See?


 That's my tightwad tip for you today!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)