The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Put Me to Work!

April 29.  A work day at our home.  First, though, we said hello to the squatters...


...then waved goodbye when they flew away.


Then we got to work.  Well, let's just say the guys worked and I documented it all with my camera.  Little by little, we've been laying down newspaper in the walkways of my raised bed vegetable gardens, then laying grass clippings on top.  This way, we have a soft pathway to walk on, and the boys don't have to figure out how to get the lawnmower into the garden and up and down the walkways.  It takes a lot of grass to fill in the walkways, and even after two years we're not done with every path.



Fernando was a sweetie and pulled the larger weeds while Jacob followed behind him with layers of newspaper.


Look at my surprise lettuce, grown up from seeds planted last autumn!  I've been enjoying this throughout our early spring.  It makes me happy just to see it growing in my garden.  :)




The squatters waited patiently on our neighbors' roof while we worked in "their" back yard.  ;)


Thomas diligently weeded the beds.


At the end, some weed-whacking remained to be done, but otherwise, the gardens were ready for compost and plants.  I was one very happy gardening lady!




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)