The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Time to Prepare

May 5.  Another garden day for us!  This day was Fernando's and my time to go get some compost.  We saved the $80 delivery fee by taking our pickup truck and having them load the compost right into our truck.


That's not loose dirt or anything flying off in the wind--it's steam!  The compost was super warm.



After two shovels full of compost, and after I saw the back of the truck sink lower and lower, we decided not to get any more.  It would be an interesting drive home with all that weight in the bed!


Back at home, the guys went to work.  Since it was going to rain fairly soon, the goal was to get the compost into the back yard and covered with tarp.  We would work it into the gardens on another day.




A large chunk of loose compost

After the guys' work in the garden last week, the beds are ready for their yearly dose of compost!


I really do have some great workers.  I love my guys!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)