The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tea Talk -- Surely I Will


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Click on Ruth's button above to participate with me.
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.


I'm having...Irish breakfast tea in my Polish pottery mug, as I do every morning.


I'm feeling...fine, healthy, no cold, no sickness, for which I'm thankful.  :)

On my mind...is my sweet Joseph, who is 23 years old today.  Despite the challenge of autism and the struggles and roadblocks he faces every day, he is a sweet, thoughtful young man who is happy to be sheltered in love at his dad's and mom's house.  I can't believe I have a 23-year-old!  Many twisty-turny roads lie ahead for Joseph as he (and we) contemplate his future, but for right now I'm resting firmly in the Lord's hand for the future of the amazing gift He gave us so many years ago.  Joseph has made our lives rich beyond comprehension.

I leave you with...two passages of Scripture.  This first one is a claim as a promise for our son.

 Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 NASB

This second one is a reminder to those of us without disabilities.

Now we who are strong ought to bear
the weaknesses of those without strength
and not just please ourselves.
Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good,
to his edification.
Romans 15:1-2 NASB


Joseph and a sunrise in Florida (May 2011)

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
That shines brighter and brighter until the full day.
Proverbs 4:18 NASB


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

3 comments:

  1. I love the Isaiah passage...it is one of my favorites. And that mug of yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful heart is reflected in every word written here. I deeply appreciate you for being a woman who sees God in everything.

    God bless your heart more and more, my dear Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful photo.
    God bless Joseph.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)