The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, October 16, 2014

One Thousand Islands

On a beautiful Friday, Mom and I drove to Alexandria Bay--she drove and I navigated with my smartphone--to spend the day together.  We decided to start our time in Alex Bay with a two-hour boat tour on the St. Lawrence River, just to sit and relax and enjoy the sun and scenery.



Our tour boat.

A jetski-powered jet pack!

Below is the beautiful scene we started off with.  That island out there with what looks like a castle on it was our final destination:  Heart Island, where Boldt Castle is located.



Eagles nest on the river buoys.

One of several sea liners we saw on the river.


Border patrol--we were entering Canadian waters!

The Thousand Islands Bridge connects the U.S. with Canada.



The shortest international bridge in the world!
One island is in Canada, and one is in the U.S.


Two glorious hours on the water later, we arrived at Heart Island.  That castle below is actually the power house, which generates power to run electricity on this island home that was never a home.  More on that in the next post.  :)




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)