The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, October 26, 2014

On the Water

August 11.

My last full day on the Lake was a warm one, and everyone wanted to be out on the water.  So that's what we did.  We spent the first part of the afternoon at Winter Bay (Military Bay), cooking hotdogs over an open fire, then lazing on the boat or floating in the water.



Char kicks up her feet.

Mom and Dad enjoying time together on the pontoon boat.

Matt almost gives me a smile.

A turkey vulture overhead.

After a long while, and who cared what time it was, we decided to boat out to the deep part of the Lake, near the rope swing (no longer there due to tree breakage) at Round Island.


Our boating companions.



Everyone took turns jumping in.






I thought it'd be nice to step down the ladder and get in.  I set my camera down, clipped my hair up, and stepped on the first rung.  As I turned around, I felt myself slipping so I let myself go--aaaa!!  Once I was fully in the water, I hollered, "I didn't mean to do that!!!"  Everyone laughed.  I climbed right back out for just a second, enough time to slip off my ring (loose anyways and there was no way I wanted to lose it) and give it to Mom, then back in again I went.


We floated for a while, then got back on the boat for a lazy ride back home.


We spotted the loon!!




A great day.  No more, no less.  :)


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)