The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, October 27, 2014

Hello Tomatoes!

August 14-17.

Back home from the Lake, my vegetable garden greeted me with a massive Come harvest me now!!  Here's what I picked.

August 14.

I just jumped right back into real life, and started canning.  I started with spaghetti sauce.  I really meant to can just plain tomatoes, but really, the sauce wasn't too hard to make, and with Thomas' daily football practice, and games starting at the end of the month, it would be so nice and easy to simply open a few cans of sauce to go with our pasta on Pasta Day (Friday).

August 15.

Fernando put in a special request for salsa, which takes me all day since I hand-chop everything.  But, in the end, it was so satisfactory to see 14 pints of homemade salsa, with ingredients mostly from my garden, sitting on my counter to enjoy throughout the winter.  Yum!

August 17.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)