The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Boldt Castle, Heart Island

August 8.

After exploring the children's playhouse on Heart Island, Mom and I headed up toward the main house.  If you could call it a house.  It really is a castle!



The pool room.

The ballroom.


Dining room.

Butler's pantry.


Pool room.

A sitting room/salon.

George Boldt's bedroom.

Louise's bedroom.


On these upper levels, outside the rooms, we walked around the hallway and admired the Tiffany dome.  The pictures obviously don't do it justice.


Detail in the ceiling.


Looking back down to the main floor.

Detail in the ceiling of one of the unfinished upper level rooms.

The view.

Walking back downstairs to the main foyer.

I sat in the middle of the stairs for this shot.  :)

Louise Boldt.

We wandered a bit outside...


Railing detail.  I so love this!

The dovecote.



Occasionally, we saw a large ship go by.

Time for a selfie with the main castle in the background!


The power house.


View from our boat back to Alex Bay.

We rounded out our day with a nice meal at Riley's By the River.  What a great day spent together!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)