The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, October 27, 2014

Goodbye

August 12.

An overcast day greeted me for my last few hours on Lake Bonaparte.  I still wanted to spend a few minutes at the dock, sitting quietly, contemplating, watching.  This is my goodbye ritual, and it will never change.


This time, the "real world" pushed into my thoughts--Fernando's continued search for employment, our finances running out, healthcare issues (good ol' state of Illinois--'nuff said)...  It was all there waiting for me.  I turned those thoughts aside for a few more minutes, because I had to look out from the dock, watch, and remember the scene.


The sun peeked out momentarily, then was gone.  I didn't know when I'd be back to see this sight.  I still don't know today (I'm posting this in October!).  At the time, it was quite possibly my last time in a real long time.  So I continued to sit.

And then I began the journey home.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)