The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, August 20, 2012

Porches, Parks, a Palette of Color

Or, the first half of our second week of vacation.

We started our Sunday with a quiet morning on the back porch:


 We had the privilege of attending our cousins' church and seeing them baptized!!  Afterwards, we picnicked with them at their church picnic at Thompson Park:


The water tower at Thompson Park

We played a little Frisbee:




And we posed for our picture:


Back at the Lake, I spent time whenever I could sitting and waiting for this little guy to show up.  He was sure hard to capture:


Thus ended the Lord's Day:


Fernando made sure he got in his exercise.  Here he is not getting run over by the kayak:

(Guess who ran over his father with the kayak?  Twice??)

I went fishing with Fernando and Jacob.  Actually, I read a book and Fernando and Jacob went fishing:


Danny and Thomas teased the local duck family:


Joseph patiently waited while we got ready to go to Winter Bay:


The sunsets were absolutely amazing.  Again:


We never skimped on breakfast, and ate like kings and queens (recipe here):

Strawberry/Raspberry Banana Baked Oatmeal

We ate dinner at the Blue Heron:


We also enjoyed a dramatic sunset:


 Our second week did not disappoint; there was still much more to come!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)