The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, August 23, 2012

August Garden Report

Early August.  We were back from vacation, the garden was a mess, and it was time to get to work.  I didn't have the heart to take any before pictures, due to a wind storm that had come through and flattened several of our tomato, pepper, and onion plants.  Boo.  But we got most of them upright again, and most everything survived.

Here are a few close-up sights from our early August garden.

The plum tomatoes are coming in bountifully!


I had my first onion harvest--most were small but they're beautiful and tasty.

All the garlic was harvested--late but a huge harvest (more on that soon!)

This year, my cayenne peppers are coming in mostly red, a surprise

The carrots are small, so I'm keeping them in the ground for extra growing time.

All in all, I'm satisfied with our harvest this year.  Since this post's date, I've canned tomatoes and jalapeƱos, and harvested more onions and even more tomatoes.  The rest of harvest season looks promising!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. The true gift of a green thumb! It's been enjoyable to catch up with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)