The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Walks and Water, Games and Goofy

Or, how we concluded our family vacation.

At least once on vacation, I love to walk down the lane to see what I can see.


Peeking between cottages

We peeked through another open spot:


Hey, that was my Dad down there, at the dock in his boat!  My mom, Danny, and I knocked on the W. family's door, went through to their deck, visited a while, then hopped in the boat with Dad and took off.




We came across the guys (Fernando, Jacob, and cousin Alaric) fishing:


This is what one's hair looks like after one goes on a boat ride:


This is the treehouse where I played throughout my growing-up years:


At the house, we played lots of multi-player solitaire:


And that particular evening, we enjoyed another fantastic concert--the Atkinson family bluegrass band:


My dad enjoyed chatting with a schoolmate from long ago:


The next morning, we finished up the huckleberries in some breakfast muffins:


Since it was raining that day, Mom and I fit a game of Scrabble in:


And, on our final full day at the lake...

We enjoyed a last boat ride:




We fully enjoyed our last sunset of vacation:


A little later on

On our last morning, I always take a goodbye picture of my beloved lake:


This year, we thought we'd try to take a family picture, one worthy of a Christmas card.  Alas, the facial expressions didn't quite work out so well, so we went with a goofy shot.


No, no, no.  The above is not the goofy shot.  That is what I saw in my viewfinder as I was getting the camera set up.  :)

Here is our goofy shot:


And that concludes our Lake Bonaparte vacation.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)