The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, August 17, 2012

Ready, Set, Lake!

Or, the first installment of vacation memories.

One significant item on our checklist of vacation preparations is food.  The guys need major sustenance while in the car.  It takes a lot of work to drive 13+ hours.   Here's what the kitchen counter looked like:


Then it was time to pack the car.  I'm the designated person who climbs on top of the car to load the car top carrier.  Yep, it's me.  I'm the smallest now, and my strong guys hefted everything up to me as I organized the carrier to fit every item I could in every little space available.


Fernando always helps me get down.  You can tell he likes to do this.


So, then it was a pretty boring and non-eventful 13+ hours in our Suburban to get to the Lake.  Oh, we did find out that Indiana state highway patrolmen are very polite.  They usually give a warning to first-time speeding offenders.  You don't need to know how I know this.  Now, on to actual being at the Lake.

The first few days were taken up with swimming across the bay:


Feeding the ducks:


Watching the sunsets:


And riding in (or driving) the boat:


Fortunately, my cell phone works, and my dad and mom called us mid-ride to come pick them up, too.



We spotted the Army planes flying overhead.  It may look far away, but you can sure hear them when they're up there.  You have to look ahead of the sound in order to see them!


At Winter Bay, we enjoyed playing Frisbee...


...and having fun with a couple of German shepherds who loved to snap at the water.  They were very well behaved, though they looked ferocious.



And then, our friends arrived!  We were so excited to have friends up with us for a few days, and to be able to show them our little corner of "heaven on earth" and have fun with them.



The next few days were all about friends and fun!



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)