The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Total Lake Experience Part II

Or, we weren't done doing everything we wanted to with our friends.

On their last full day with us, the H. family experienced some extra special things...

Going to the farmers market in Carthage:



And shopping at little shops along the road:

The gardens outside Bonaparte Candle Company

We took an afternoon boat ride:


And ended up at Huckleberry Rock:


After looking for a way to hike/climb around to the above point...


...we decided that picking huckleberries right from the boat was the best option.  Until...


...I decided to hop out and climb right next to those bushes.  (It was a riot trying to talk my dad through taking a picture of me using my camera!)  Here is the proof:


We had to leave to get back to the house to get supper started.  It was so hard to leave huckleberries on the bushes!  But we gathered a lot in the little time we had:


After supper, we enjoyed a peaceful sunset:


The next day, we just had to make huckleberry pancakes for breakfast.  :)


Then, the H. family packed their car and were ready to go.  But wait--we must take a picture or two!  (Minus Joseph, who was--incredibly--still asleep.)  Two.  Two pictures.  One regular and one--



When leaving the Lake, to complete the Total Lake Experience, one must back out of the driveway...


...and drive around the circle past the back of the house, in order to wave goodbye twice.




The rest of the day was peaceful and quiet, with another gorgeous sunset.


And that is how we gave our friends the Total Lake Experience.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)