The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Lake -- Day Six

Friday, July 24.

This week went by too fast.  Today's POD (plan of the day) for me was to go with Dad and Mom into Carthage to the Friday farmers market, so Mom could pick up a few things for her and Dad for the next week, and for me to purchase fresh eggs to bring home.



After the farmers market, we drove back through town and past Dad's old childhood home.  Dad and Mom thought it had changed drastically when they drove by it the week before, but we all think that they went down a different street, because the house still looks like it did several years ago.


Jake, Allie and Joseph spent the afternoon at the dock, enjoying the warmth of the sun because it was still cool.  Joseph had gotten a cold, and so had I, so I snapped a picture then napped in a chair in the sun.


Fernando had gone out in the Caddy fishing, and I was at the dock to greet him.


Fernando made a unilateral decision to go into Carthage to eat at Stefano's Pizza!  Tom and Bea (lake friends) told us to get the garlic knots--I could've eaten just those for dinner and been happy.  Yum!


I'm so glad the sun sets later in the evening during summer!  We were home in time.  *happy*



We had a fairly laid back week at the lake this year, especially without Danny and Thomas.  There was just one more day to enjoy before heading home.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)