The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, August 7, 2015

The Lake -- Day Five

Thursday, July 24.

A beautiful breezy day greeted us today, and even though it had cooled off, we still found things to do on the lake.  Who wouldn't love sitting on that dock, even with a sweater, looking out on the lake??


Jake wanted to take Allie out in the kayaks, since she had never been.  They took lunch over to the gazebo and public beach (it's literally fifteen feet wide!) across the bay.


Meanwhile, Fernando, Joseph, and I went into town (Harrisville), and visited the park along the Oswegatchie River.  This is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited!



With Fernando's help, I climbed this rock, then had him take my picture.  Looks like I'm a great rock climber, huh?  *grin*


Joseph posed for me, too, though he was a little antsy and just wanted to get back to the lake.


Three trees.


Back at the lake, we had spotted a nest of baby robins right next to the front porch!  I was finally able to capture a great shot of one of them--I think he was hungry!


After dinner, we drove into town--not Harrisville to the east, but Natural Bridge to the west--for our favorite dessert place.






After getting filled to the gills on ice cream, we headed back to the lake for evening.



The lake was calm, and the clouds drifted away, leaving just a few spots of color in the sky.  But the sinking sun shone forth its rays into the night sky.  All was peaceful and calm.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)