The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Arboretum Sunset

August 7.

Fernando and I decided to take a quick sunset trip to the Arboretum, since they're open to dusk--which, technically, would be after the sun fully sets.  Which is good for me, and all photographers at the Arboretum.


After we arrived, I realized I didn't know exactly where would be a good place to set up my tripod for pictures.  I figured since the sun sets in the west, we'd go to the west side.


I had to get really creative with perspective, so I ended up setting up in a parking lot at the prairie station.  I set up low and angled up to capture just the shadows of the trees.  It worked pretty well, though I'm sure the sky was more spectacular elsewhere.  But it was okay--I as there and I got to breathe in another sunset experience.


The clouds seems to outline one tree in particular, so I turned my camera vertically and took the below image, which is my favorite from the night.


I was running out of time, plus we forgot the bug spray--ugh.  At my back was this really cool circular cloud over the trees.





God's peace fills my spirit as I watch the sky change from moment to moment; I know He set the sun in its place, and He is in control.  This knowledge is peace to me.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)