The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Into the Water

August 24.

Sunday after church, we headed over to Weigand Riverfront Park.  The ducks were already there, sunning themselves on rocks, and floating on and diving into the flooded river.




Now it was Thomas' turn to go down into the water.  Today, he was baptized in a public ceremony, confessing his allegiance to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  Pastor Fraley did the honors, praying over him and baptizing him in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  Fernando was there to help in case the river current was strong.













Thomas' friend Noah was also baptized.  What a special thing to see two young men publicly dedicate their lives to Christ.





We had a celebration party at our home afterwards, and I didn't pick up the camera even once!  After everyone left, though, the sun made a spectacular display, illuminating the clouds to the east.


And the sunset itself seemed to light the sky on fire.



Beautiful ending to a beautiful Lord's Day.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)