The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Of Cars and Chickens

September 8.

First comes the car.  Jacob bought one.  And God is good (all the time).  Fernando and Jacob ended up all the way in Evanston at the Auto Barn, and they got a sweet deal on a 2013 Nissan Sentra.  Jacob lets me drive it, since our F150 is out of commission (it drives in reverse only).


September 9.

Next comes the chicken.  Due to a mix-up in ordering a few months earlier, we ended up with four chickens (and two dozen eggs).   We found one last chicken from , so we stuffed it with garlic, rubbed it with olive oil, and sprinkled it with rosemary.  Then we lay sliced lemons over it and baked it (350F for 1 to 1.5 hours).  Scrumptious.


Yes, the chicken was a blessing, because we were running out of food--mostly meat, dairy, and produce.  To find this chicken still in the freezer from our "food mix-up" was indeed a blessing, and one we thoroughly enjoyed.  It was the Lord's reminder that He is still in control of our situation, and will always be in control.  He is sovereign over every circumstance we encounter.

Thank You for feeding us, not only food we can see, but with the meat of Your Word.  I'm so glad we're Yours.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

2 comments:

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)