The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, November 21, 2014

Labor Day

September 1.

Labor Day!!  It means September, and my favorite month of the year.  This is my birthday month!  And to me, it's the start of autumn.  For the last several years, we have spent Labor Day at our friends' home, since the Naperville Labor Day parade passes by their doorstep.  What better way to spend a day!!

Patsy's front gate.


The Really Big Chair.  And a photobomb.

Marshall's dad came to the S. home with his Trykke.  It is a really cool leg-powered scooter, and Thomas and I had fun trying to make it go.  I'm sure it would give me a great workout!






Before the parade started, there was a short running race.




Jacob came out of the house wearing this sign.  It had been attached to the family coffee maker in the morning.  Mrs. S thought it would be appropriate to affix it on Jacob.


The parade started, and so did the rain, but the parade lasted longer.  Enjoy the rest of the photos!







Taken just so I can try this with a tee shirt!


Even dogs were decorated.



After the parade, food and festivities began at the S home.  A water balloon fight broke out, and I caught this shot just a second or two after our lovely hostess was accidentally doused with the bucket of water from the balloon fight.  I think it was another family member.


Just one word:  retribution.  :)  What a fun, fun day with family and friends.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)