The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tea Talk -- There Your Heart will Be



Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


At the patio table, with the vegetable garden beyond


I'm having...iced tea in my blue goblet with ice and a slice of fresh lemon.  Today I'm enjoying my iced tea in my back yard, in my special spot.

 

I apologize in advance for all the pictures!  Part of my special spot is pretty, and the rest--an unfinished sun-but-it's-now-shade garden--is a curving hill of various weeds.  My pretty Smith & Hawken bench sits in the shade under a scrub maple tree.  One day, this garden will become the focus of a summer project, and it will become an even more special spot!  But for now it sits, waiting for me to sit as well, take a breath, and relax.


I'm feeling...good even throughout another busy week.  And I'm feeling good even after being in my hot kitchen yesterday for almost five hours canning tomatoes.  I now have 21 more pints (plus 8 last week) of diced tomatoes to put up for winter, and that makes me very happy.

On my mind...is getting ready for the guys' college life to start up next week, and our car schedule--who is driving the car when and where, and with whom!  It is a crazy hectic schedule when you divide one car by three people.  I'm glad Thomas isn't driving yet...

I leave you with...a passage of Scripture we talked about in our family devotions last night.  Very timely, I think, in light of all the chaos that is happening in our natural world, in the economy, and with the moral fiber of our country.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,
where moth and rust destroy,
and where thieves break in and steal.
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust destroys,
and where thieves to not break in or steal;
for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21 NASB





Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a refreshing tea you have there, Christine. Your photos are soothing to the eyes and soul. Why apologize? I so enjoy them and I look forward to seeing more photos of your garden. How I wish I have a bench like that. My garden is too small and most part of the ground is cemented :(

    Thank you for the encouraging words you left in my blog today. They help lighten my heart. Thank you too for sharing those verses.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN TO THAT VERSE! Love it :-)

    Love your ice tea, your goblet, your veggie garden (and mine, LOL!), your photos, and your friendship, dearest :-D

    Love you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful special spot! I don't have a special spot...but would love one. What I do is send all the children outside and sit on the right side of my sofa where I can see the front yard (and my flower pots) and the back yard (the garden). And I just sit there with my tea or not and be quiet. Hey, I guess I do have a special spot...only I have to really claim it.

    Thank you for the verses and the reminder. It kind of goes along with my post for today (which I have not posted yet :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)