The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

For the Guys: Ready, Jump, Splash

A pool is one of summer's greatest highlights.  I treasure the memories of swimming with my girlfriends when I was young, having special nighttime swims with my brothers, even splashing around with my brothers' baseball teams after their Little League games.

Recently, as I look back over the past ten years, I am thankful Fernando decided that our family needed a pool.  Our boys had so much fun throughout their summers, learning to swim, splashing with Dad and Mom, and having their grandparents and friends over to swim.

Now that they're older, we considered getting rid of the pool.  But, we've discovered that over the past few years that there are a number of buddies that like to swim, and the pool has experienced a surge in use.

I casually walked outside with my camera a few different times, and the guys were all open--even excited--about the possibility of getting captured in various jump poses and stages of splash.  Of course, these guys took it upon themselves to figure out the best, highest, most unique jumps, with the best splashes.

On one afternoon, I took pictures until my lens got splashed, then figured it was time to end that camera session. :)





And on another afternoon, the guys didn't mind (again) me being out there with Ellie.  :)



After a hard afternoon of swimming, the guys were excited to learn that the girls wanted to simply order pizza.  Below, Danny described how deep he wanted his deep-dish pizza.



Silly guys.  :)


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)