The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tea Talk -- Bless the LORD!



Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.




I'm having...iced tea!  I finally took some photos of my iced tea goblet.  We had a whole set of these pretty blue glass goblets, then one by one they crashed and shattered.  There are two goblets left, and Fernando and I use them on a daily basis.


I'm feeling...good today.   I was exhausted all day Tuesday, I think because of lack of sleep.  On Wednesday, I visited my chiropractor and the adjustment really helped.  My back had been fine except for when I moved certain ways--then it let me know it was hurting!  But it's feeling better today, praise the Lord.

On my mind...is the upcoming semester of college for Jacob (20) and Danny (18).  This will be Jacob's last semester, and he'll receive his A.A.S. in Law Enforcement in December.   He has a few different opportunities in the works, so we'll wait and see where he goes.  This is Danny's very first full-time semester at college, and I keep asking the Lord to prepare him for the rigors of college life.   I know that he'll buckle down and work hard and do well, but the initial shock may be pretty big.  So I pray.

Also on my mind is my new school year with Thomas.   I need to buckle down myself, organizing and getting lesson plans in place.  I've been longing for cooler weather, since it has been so hot this summer, but along with cooler weather comes school and more work for me.  I can't believe summer is almost over.  It'll be a very special and interesting year, with just Thomas and I.

I leave you with...praise for the Lord who is merciful.

Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
Psalm 103:1-5 NASB


Russian sage in my front yard rock garden



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! We're looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Right now I'm heading to the couch for a nap...so sleepy :-)

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blue glasses. They would go perfect with my blue and white china! :) Thank you for the scripture. It is true to remember not to forget...Not to forget all of his benefits.

    Have a good day. Glad your back is a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely goblet! Any drinks would taste good in it :-)

    Your boys are very hardworking so is their mom. I continue to pray for complete healing for your back pain, Christine.

    Thank you for sharing your tea time with us.
    I love that beautiful verse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)