The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tea Talk -- And to Jesse, David


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...a cup of crème de citron rooibos, so lemony and invigorating!  I'm using my everyday Gibson china tea cup, with its pretty stripes and swirls.  Tea is so special in a special cup!


I'm feeling...pretty good.  Not so cold, but cold anyway.  Chicago still sits in the middle of the 12th coldest spring in the past 140 years.

On my mind...I just submitted my devotion to ICHE for their 30 Days of Devotion and Prayer, leading up to our annual state homeschool convention.  I'm always nervous before doing something like that; I want everything to be perfect!  I'm also going to spend the afternoon with my mom, photographing items that she wants to sell.  There is still lots of stuff on my to-do list, but I have knocked off a few items, and hope to get more accomplished this weekend.

I leave you with...a few verses from the book of Ruth, which my friend Helen shared from in our ladies' meeting this past Monday evening.  In this book, Naomi returned to Bethlehem with Ruth, because Naomi had lost her husband and both of her sons (one of whom was Ruth's husband).  Upon her return, she said,

Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara [bitter],
for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me.
I went out full, but the LORD has brought me back empty.
Why do you call me Naomi,
since the LORD has witnessed against me and the Almighty has afflicted me?
Ruth 1:20-21 NASB [brackets mine]

She didn't realize she had hidden treasure with her, in the form of Ruth.  Ruth believed in the Lord, followed Naomi's instruction, and endeared herself to a special man named Boaz.  After Ruth's marriage to Boaz and after the birth of their son Obed, the women said to Naomi,

Blessed is the LORD who has not left you without a redeemer today,
and may his name become famous in Israel.
May he also be to you a
restorer of life and a sustainer of your old age;
for your daughter-in-law, who loves you
and is better to you than seven sons, has given birth to him.
Ruth 4:14-15 NASB

Who was this redeemer?  Who was this future king?

...and to Obed was born Jesse, and to Jesse, David.
Ruth 4:22 NASB

David, in the line of heritage to Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer.

The people who walk in darkness will see a great light... [Isaiah 9:2a NASB]

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Christine. Thank you for sharing this encouraging story. It's my favorite book. I love every word you wrote her. And, oh, I hope to see you devotion and prayer. Is that possible?

    Hope you have warmer days ahead.
    Ruth

    P.S. Love you photography work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine. Also my favorite book. Truly one if the favorites of all women who are blessed by
    reading and knowing the Bible. Good luck on your work. How I admire homeschooling moms. I taught religion for years in the Catholic CCD program for students who did not attend Catholic school. What a blessing to the world moms are, and dads too. Thanks for sharing at Ruth's gathering today.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back, sweetie! Miss you! Wonderful post and photo...ahhh, lemons! Let's be sure to have really good ice tea at Vero, hmmm?

    Have to cancel game night tomorrow...we have the sneezy-crud (Nathan first, now Bryan). Grrr!

    Talk soon,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a bible study on Ruth in church a few years ago and really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! Thank you! Wishing you a grand weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment, I really enjoy hearing from others. I love how you described the conversation you want to give to your children, very well put. Your blog is very pretty and I'll stop by again soon :)
    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)