The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Clothed with His Splendor

I love birds.

God's flying creatures are simply a reflection of His awesome power in creation.  They need no garments, but are clothed with His splendor.  I love nature-watching for this very reason.  As long as I have my camera in hand--so I can feel like I'm accomplishing something--I can sit for long periods of time, just being still and enjoying His world.


I normally post these kinds of images on my photography blog, but I thought I'd post them here for a change.  I've been spending a lot of time over there, instead of relating everyday life in our busy, noisy home.  The story behind the birds:

I was doing laundry on day this week, and at one point I hollered to the boys to bring down the laundry hamper for sorting into my dirty laundry baskets.  As I turned around in the laundry room, my eye caught movement through the door window.  BIRDS.  Lots of them.  Starlings, and a few robins.  What a great opportunity to shoot something that day!  I ran to get my camera out of the camera bag.

When I heard the boys tromping down the stairs with the hamper in hand, I shouted, "Don't go into the laundry room!"

"Huh?" one of them asked.

"Don't go back there!  Stay right here!  No!  Don't go back!"

"But you said..."

"Yeah, I know, but hang on a minute!"  (I really confused them.)

They just rolled their eyes once they saw me zip past them with my camera.  It must be a disease or something (my behavior, not theirs!!).  And here are the two birds I captured through the window.

 The starling

The robin

See?  I'm not so crazy after all, huh?

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Those are so beautiful Christine! I've never seen a starling here in the deep south. But then again, I don't know much about birds I suppose. :) Your pictures always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Christine! Very pretty.

    Sharity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)