The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, March 28, 2011

Reflecting on My Week {March 26}

This is my own special time to reflect back on my week,
treasure up precious memories,
and acknowledge the Lord in the goings-on in my heart and in my home.
~         ~         ~


The Week's Happenings

We had a great time with the M. family last weekend, visiting, playing games, and sharing a meal.  I love good fellowship.

Playing Settlers of Catan with two of my borrowed daughters

We also helped the B. family pack up to move from their Chicago home out to the country.  They are renovating an old church and turning it into their new home.  Some day soon I'll get to see it!


As we headed home from the city, I got a phone call from Fernando.  Jacob had apparently not paid attention as closely as he should have, and he hit part of the curb.  So he learned how to change a tire.  He also learned that he better keep both hands on the wheel!


We also drove downtown for the second time in two weeks--almost a miracle for this suburban girl who travels into the city about once a year.  I explored the Chicago Cultural Center, which used to be the Chicago Public Library, in more depth, and its architecture is amazing.  Here is one shot of the Tiffany glass dome in Preston Bradley Hall.  Breathtaking.


The rest of the photos from my visit can be seen here.


Home and School

Joseph's attitude has improved greatly.  It is so hard to follow the Lord when you don't know exactly how to.  He is starting to trust that the Lord will guide him and show him what to do.

Jacob started his internship with the Lyons Police Department!  On his ride-along with an officer last night, he found out that the officer is a Christian.  They had an encouraging time together, and Jacob seems to enjoy what he's doing and learning.  I think he likes the ride-alongs the best.

Danny is plugging away at chemistry, and studying the Rules of the Road booklet.  I am trying to push him to get ready to take the written test so that he can get his permit.  Now that Jacob is frequently gone, another driver in the house would be appreciated!  He has been researching colleges online, so we'll see where that leads.

And Thomas is working steadily through his first official year of high school.  Attitude can tend to be a problem, but lately he has been more quick to straighten it out and get back to work.  Thomas is still my goofy guy, so we have a lot of fun.


My Kitchen

I have been in a cooking funk since I returned from Georgia.  I don't really want to cook, and have been doing simple things for meals.  I've skipped making breakfast more often than not, and the boys just forage for something in the fridge.  It might be a good thing, since they've always expected me to make them something!


Projects

Yeah, this is a slightly empty category!  There has been so much to do lately, I tend to just do none of it.  Which isn't good, either!  I am going to get back to making a list and checking items off as they get done.  I need to accomplish things!!  Goal for this weekend--make a list.


Behind the Lens

I attended a photography seminar all day Wednesday.  Talk about information overload.  It was really good, though, and I'm still processing ideas, tips, and learning moments.  It was great to meet other photographers and talk about my passion!



Heart Thoughts

I wrote a short devotional this week about the God Who Sees.  I wrote it for our state homeschool organization, which plans to use it in a month-long daily devotional email leading up to our state homeschool convention at the beginning of June.  (I will post it once they've published it.)  I've been thinking about what I wrote, and, suffice it to say that He sees me, with mercy and compassion, and guides me through life's ups and downs.  This week certainly contained its ups and downs!  But God sees, and takes care of me.

The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous
And His ears are open to their cry.
Psalm 34:15 NASB

Daffodil from my trip to Georgia--I'm longing for spring!

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

1 comment:

  1. Lovely wrapup. I too have hit a curb,,,( blush) and flattened a tire. Currently teaching dd 16 to drive. Both hands on the wheel is not the norm it seems!
    Lovely architecture photos! I must plan a visit to that place. We will be close this summer...but short on time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)