The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tea Talk -- Whate'er the Father's Pleasure


Welcome to my home!
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.
To participate, click on Ruth's button above.


I'm having...Crème de Limon from the Serene Teaz (pronounced as the plural  of serenity) shop in Wheaton.  The tea is rooibos-based, and highly lemon flavored, truly yummy.  I always give a little roll of the eyes when I look at its name.  (Apparently a customer named it in a tea-naming contest.)  As a lover of words, it vexes me that crème is French and limón is Spanish.  If I'm in a French mood, I call it crème de citron.  If Spanish, then it is crema de limón.  There.  Now I'm happy.


I'm feeling...fine.  My back is almost at 100%, just little twinges every now and then.  I've just been busy these past two weeks home from Georgia--and it's mostly laundry!

On my mind...Danny's graduation, of all things, because plans are not set for this summer and fall, when they should have been set a year ago.  I want to go hide somewhere for a while, but I don't think that will help things.

I leave you with...lyrics from a hymn that I played in our church orchestra last month.  May He guide both you and me!

If You Will Only Let God Guide You

If you will only let God guide you,
And hope in Him thru all your ways,
Whatever comes, He'll stand beside you,
To bear you thru the evil days;
Who trusts in God's unchanging love
Builds on the rock that cannot move.

Only be still, and wait His leisure
In cheerful hope, with heart content
To take whate'er the Father's pleasure
And all discerning love have sent;
Nor doubt our inmost wants are known
To Him who chose us for His own.

Sing, pray and swerve not from His ways,
But do your part in conscience true;
Trust His rich promises of grace,
So shall they be fulfilled in you;
God hears the call of those in need,
The souls that trust in Him indeed.

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
christine anne photography

6 comments:

  1. beautiful lyrics and lemon cream tea sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon flavored teas are my faves, but rooibos is new to me. Glad to learn that. What a neat capture! And thanks for the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try that tea, no matter what it's called. I love rooibos. I might just go make a cup right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had my mouth watering over that tea. *grin* I wished I wasn't allergic to lemon.

    I am so glad that your back feels better. ((HUGS)) And I really appreciated that song. It spoke to things in my heart that are troubling me. Thank you for that blessing.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved those bubbles!!!

    Hello Christine,
    I was here this morning but failed to leave a note so I'm back.

    It's good to have you back @ Tea Talk and I'm glad to hear that your back feels better now.
    Now, I noticed I have 3 "back" words in this comment, LOL.

    Hope things go well for Danny's graduation. I think I missed some details about it. Will have to browse you older posts.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, hi, hi! Oh, how I've missed visiting and my tea time :) Your tea photo has me craving some tea right now.

    I'm so glad that your back is better.

    Thank you again, for your precious visits and uplifting comments. I have at least one more busy week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)