The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, August 1, 2014

Squash Update

July 7.

My acorn and butternut squashes seem to be a bit pale.  A few fruits have fallen off, too.  Becki, my garden-guru friend, says they're missing some nutrient, and that I should be fertilizing on a weekly basis through the summer.  Argh.  I wish I knew these things before planting season.


So, I got Danny out in my garden with some organic fertilizer.  I plan to fertilize every week and see what happens.  Hopefully these pretty plants will get the proper nutrients from the enriched soil, in order to grow strong and healthy.



Danny worked in about 1/3 cup fertilizer (according to the package) around each plant; then, he watered.  As if the garden needs any more water!  We've had so much rain this summer, it's positively misty out there.  I'll keep you updated on these precious plants as the summer continues.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)